For you to gain optimal oral health, you need to form a habit of brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice each day. However, it doesn’t just end there. Your tongue also needs as much attention as your teeth, and that’s why it’s advised that you consult a tongue cleaner manufacturer once in a while. Why? Because including an effective tongue cleaner as part of your oral health routine is one of the best ways to feel refreshed always.
This guide shows you how you can generally take care of your breath but tongue cleaning, as well as helpful tongue cleaning methods.
What Can You Use To Clean Your Tongue?
The top two agents that you can use to achieve a thorough cleaning of your tongue include:
- Tongue Scrapers
- Oral mouth rinses
1. Tongue Scrapers
Using tongue scrapers Is a quick way to get rid of unwanted particles from the surface of your tongue. These extra particles can, one way or the other, cause you to have a bad breath. You can use small, rounded equipment usually made from either metal or plastic to scrape your tongue.
How to Tongue Scrape
- Stick out your tongue in front of the mirror, and place the rounded edge of your tool behind your tongue. You can start from the middle of your tongue if you’re concerned about gagging in the process.
- Gently pull the tool from behind to the front (tip of your tongue).
- Ensure to use a neat washcloth to wipe off debris after each scrape.
- Repeat this process until the surface of your tongue becomes neat.
Similar to tongue scrapers, using a toothbrush to clean your tongue is much simpler. It’s most effective if you’re already used to brushing your teeth often.
How to Brush Your Tongue
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles
- Add some toothpaste on it and start brushing from the back to the tip of your tongue
- Repeat this step gently, until you’re satisfied with the outcome
3. Oral Mouth Rinses
When using an oral mouth rinse, you should try combining it with a toothbrush. That way, you get to clean your tongue alongside other areas of your mouth. You might want to try out a mouth rinse that contains active ingredients that can get rid of several bacteria that may be residing in your mouth. Mouth rinses can be bought over the counter.
If you’re confused about which to buy, ask your dental specialist to prescribe one for you. Endeavor to also follow instructions to better effects.
Why Should You Clean Your Tongue?
- To reduce bacteria
- To reduce compounds that can cause you to have bad breathe
- To get rid of plaque and tartar
- For an overall fresher feeling
Since bacteria have a fast growth rate, you can reduce their numbers by ensuring that your tongue is always cleaned at least twice each day. Getting rid of debris from your tongue can reduce bad breath. It’s also a way of ensuring that you have the best experience regarding oral hygiene.