A few pests and bugs bothering you in the house may seem to be no cause to panic at first. But when the problem turns into an infestation, it is entirely a different thing. Your home is a haven – the place where you and your family should feel safe and clean. But with pests and bugs, it can turn from a haven to hell in a matter of days. You need to do all that you can to keep it a haven.
The pest repeller cleaning routine
The more you clean your house, the lesser the chances you get pests and bugs around. So, it is important to have a regular cleaning routine. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure you vacuum all mats, carpets, and floors.
- Mop the floor with a disinfectant after vacuuming.
- If you notice any stains, wipe them off whether they may be on your furniture, countertops, or walls.
- Clean and sanitize your bathroom and kitchen, including sinks, countertops, basins, pails, and toilets.
- If you have horizontal furniture, dust them off regularly and wipe them with a disinfectant right after.
- For glass windows and doors, clean and wipe them regularly as well.
- Make sure that your garbage cans are sealed properly so that pests cannot scavenge on its contents.
- Use wet wipes to clean your telephones, remote controls, and other devices that see a lot of usages.
- Move the furniture around when you clean to check that there are no nests behind them.
Things that you can do to prevent an infestation
Aside from regular cleaning, there are some extra measures that you can do at home to make sure that your pest and bug problem will not grow into an infestation:
- Close off and seal places that can be possible entry points for these bugs and pests.
- Check your plumbing to make sure that there are no leaks. Pools of water can attract pests.
- Get a glass or plastic containers for storing food that can be sealed tightly.
- Consider placing screens on your windows so you can keep them open without worrying about bugs getting in.
- Set up light traps if your rodent problem persists.
- If you want to use pesticides, make sure that everyone is out of the house. Do the spraying at least three times and do this pest repellant measure every 2 weeks.
- For an effortless way to deal with pests, invest in an ultrasonic pest repeller device. You do not have to worry about your house pets being affected as the sound waves emitted by the device will not be strong enough to affect or your hearing.
When should you leave it to the professionals?
Sadly, there are extreme cases where regular cleaning can be too late to fix the problem. You should consider hiring a professional exterminator if the problem persists or if you think you need the help of a stronger pesticide. For this step, keep in mind to hire a pest control service with a good reputation.
Remember, the presence of pests and bugs should be a matter of immediate concern. Do not let these virus carriers get in touch with your family. Get an electronic pest control device to get rid of them right now.